The East High School Marching Band has been invited to perform in the prestigious annual
National Independence Day Parade in Washington D.C. on July 4, 2014!
This is a tremendous honor for our students, and will be the experience of a lifetime. East High School is honored to represent the Green Bay community while marching past our nation's Capitol. Fundraising efforts for the trip have already begun, but more support is needed!
The Red Devil Marching Band would like to thank the following contributors:
Green Bay Packers
Kris, class of '69
Retired music teachers (Mary, Eileen, Patricia, Sheila)
Doug, class of '78
Fine Arts Institute supporters
Julanne, class of '49
Amy, class of '78 (color guard uniforms)
- Mary, class of '82
- Gandrud Automotive
- Randy Rose alumni party (Randy, Debbie, David C, Joan R, Thomas D, Mike and Cheryl, Jeff L, Patricia F, Jeff and Linda, William B, James M, Mary and Sam, Michael H, Philip and Lynne, Thomas S, Steve and Kristi, Margery and Robert, Michael W, Dean and Linda)
- Retired Teachers of the Green Bay Education Association
- Shirlyn Miller Trust
- Dr. Loren and Marion Hart Foundation
- Candace D.
- Kenneth Calewarts, attorney
- Steve G. (class of '94)
- Meg G.
- Barb and Pat Ryan
- Green Bay Optimists
- Wayne V. (class of '41)
- Ed and Barb Dorff
- Greater Green Bay Community Foundation
- Janice G.
- Mark and Kathy G.
- Cliff and Shirley C.
- Francis and Cathy O.
- Green Family
- CityDeck Commons Residence and Smet Construction
- East High School Staff
- Bay Tek Games
- Schneider National Foundation
- Happy Joe's Pizza
- Titletown Brewing Co.
- Chemisphere, Inc.
- Instrumental Music Co. (IMC)
- Big Honey, LLC
- Denise Rudolph
- Mary Ann Butry
- Kim Fisher
- Owen Smith Memorial Fund
- Astor Neighborhood Association
- Astor East River Association
- Schroeder's Flowers
- Shopko Foundation's Community Charitable Grant
- Three Corners Neighborhood Association
- Barb P.
Below is the payment schedule and cost per person to attend this historic event. Please also view the invitation letter that outlines more details about the 2014 National Independence Day Parade:
Donations can be mailed to East High School, attn: Marching Band. East is located at 1415 E. Walnut St. Green Bay, WI 54301. If you'd like to donate to a specific student, put their first and last name on the memo line of your check, along with "parade."
To make an easy online donation using PayPal, click here. East is also set up to raise money through shop.com, a shopping website similar to Amazon.com. Over 3,000 popular stores are on shop.com, and donating money using the website is as simple as registering for an account and choosing Green Bay Area Public Schools to receive donations. After that, East will receive a portion of all the purchases made through the website.
You may also donate toward the chaperone list by writing "chaperone" on the memo line. If there is no name on the memo line, the donation will automatically go to the trip general fund to be spread equally among student participants. Your donations are greatly appreciated!
To learn more about the National Independence Day parade, please visit their website. Also, check out WBAY Channel 2's story and Fox 11's story about this exciting trip!
Questions can be directed to Karen Iken, director of bands at East High School. Or call East High School at (920) 448-2090.