Post Secondary

There are several schools within the United States that cater to students with hearing loss which include: Gallaudet University, Rochester Institute of Technology, and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.  Links for those schools can be found below.  Many public colleges and universities offer accommodations for students with hearing loss through their disability resource offices.  When choosing a college or university, it is important to seek out the school's disability coordinator and determine what accommodations could be provided.  The school will typically require evidence to support that accommodations were previously utilized within a school setting.  That evidence usually consists of a recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a recent 504 Plan.


Gallaudet University
Rochester Institute of Technology
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee


College Board
Career Cruising 
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Volunteer Match
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Students with Disabilities Preparing for Post-secondary Education
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.